We acknowledge the original custodians, the Wadawurrung people of the Kulin alliance, of the land on which our buildings of worship stand and on which we gather.
& THE COMING WEEK
Return to Worship – COVID Restrictions
There will be some important and essential Covid restrictions that have to be met.
- There is no need to book.
- Only double vaccinated people (with the exception of children under 12) can attend at this stage.
- You will need to sign in using the QR Code and provide proof of vaccination to our volunteers every time you come to the Church.
This Advent, Crossroads is again participating in The Christmas Bowl Appeal. We join with more than 1,000 churches across Australia to fulfil the commission Jesus gave us, to care for our neighbours. The Christmas Bowl focuses on those in need who have been uprooted due to war, unrest, COVID19 and disasters, helping to give them a safe place to belong.
Last Sunday we dedicated our own ‘Christmas Bowl’ and it will be in the chapel each week of the appeal. The appeal officially starts this Sunday, the first Sunday in Advent and will continue until 10 January.
HOW TO GIVE:
There are several ways you can donate:
- Put cash in our special Christmas bowl located in the chapel
- Use a Christmas Bowl envelope (cash, cheque, or credit card) and either place in our Christmas bowl or post. (Please write Werribee Crossroads Uniting Church as your church.)
- Donate online at https://christmasbowl.actforpeace.org.au/ (Please write Werribee Crossroads Uniting Church as your church.)
- Go straight to our church’s online donation page with this link: mycb.link/45154
- Scan the QR code on the blue Christmas Bowl poster in the foyer to go to our church’s online donation page.
Each week in church during Advent we will be learning about projects that your money will support.
Beach Patrol 3030 Werribee South
Volunteers with Beach Patrol are bringing a pile of rubbish to the Werribee South Beach foreshore. Crossroads Werribee UC folk include Paul C, Liesl and Abi V, Rob, Jan and Erin B.
Erin is soon completing her Bachelor of Environmental Science, majoring in wildlife and conservation. She says: “Thirty Beach Patrol groups are protecting marine life around Port Phillip Bay. We are mitigating the plastics that would become micro plastics and enter the digestive systems of fish and crustaceans.
Comparing our start 5 years ago, we’ve seen a substantial reduction in the amount of waste (including bottles and cans) going into the Bay.” Rob is co-ordinating the day’s activity.
Paul says: “I enjoy the community spirit fostered by Beach Patrol. Families and kids are learning hands on about litter. Every bottle and mask collected is one less on the beach.”
I meet Chama and Dumi, members of the Mahamevnawa Buddhist Meditation Centre in Duncans Road, Werribee South.
They introduce me to Venerable Wanarathana Thero, monk and teacher at the Centre. Dumi says: “We like to be involved in the local community. Wyndham City Council workers can’t do everything. Council needs the manpower that we volunteers provide.”
May is a Waste and Litter Education Officer with Wyndham City Council. She says: “My job is connecting community groups, bringing people together to conserve our precious environment. Council workers will take all this rubbish collected today to the tip.” (NT)
Our minister will be leading some online Advent studies commencing Thursday 25 November at 7.30pm and continuing on the 2, 9 & 16 December, at the same time.
If you would prefer a daytime in-person meeting at the church on the same dates at 11 am, please contact Annetia Goldsmith via the office any morning on 9741 1084.
UC Adult Fellowship (UCAF)
UCAF will be holding their end of year lunch on Wednesday Dec 1 @ 12.30pm at the Italian Social Club (ISCW). Affiliation and Network subscription are now due $27. New members are always welcome! For more information contact Margaret W on 9741 2781.
Carol service 19 December
We’re planning to hold a carol service on Sunday 19 December late afternoon or early evening. Keep the date free!
What’s On This Week
- Monday: 9.30 am Playgroup
- Wednesday: 12.30 pm UCAF end of year lunch at the Italian Social Club (see notice); 10.30 am Church Council Executive (online)
- Thursday: 7.30 pm Online Advent Study (see notice)
Worship Plan for this coming week
28 November 2021
Jeremiah 33:14–16; I Thessalonians 3:9–13; Psalm 25:1–10; Luke 21:25–36
Rosters for 28 Nov & (5 Dec)
- Greetings: Mary D (Helen G)
- Cleaning: K family (Jan B, Liesl & Abi V)
- AV Rob B (Rob B)
- QR & Vaccination Bev C & Sandra S (Deb & Paul C)
- Morning Tea: May B & Margaret D (Mary D &
- Julie R)
- Flowers: Bev C (Luciana A)
- Music: Wendy Barnes (Gina)
- Prayers: Mary D (Ken S)
- Reader: Elaine B ()
Housekeeping & Help
Pastoral care will be maintained during these difficult days but it is subject to the rules regarding access to hospitals and aged care homes.
- Rev. Annetia Goldsmith (9741 1084 firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Audrey Kateena (0435 064 088 email@example.com)
Audrey will be the primary contact on Mondays and Thursdays and Annetia at other times.
CHURCH OFFICE INFORMATION
The office is open weekdays from 9:30am to 12pm.
Telephone 03 9741 1084. Postal address is PO Box 2156 Werribee 3030.